Wednesday 4 November 2009

Wet Weekend


I am back ~ and I had a very lovely ~ but very WET weekend ~ in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland. The hotel was just as warm and friendly as I remembered and the picture of the Buachaille Etive Mor was taken just as we arrived from our bedroom window!

The weather was very typically Scottish and it rained for most of the weekend and rather unfortunately I discovered that my so called waterproof coat was not in fact very waterproof at all and I got absolutely soaked from head to toe!


Unfortunately because the weather was so wet there was not much chance to get as many photographs as I would have liked as the rain and cloud were coming down and blocking the view over the mountains.


The Autumnal colours were beautiful and the photographs do not really show the contrast between all the greens and browns and oranges but the scenery was spectacular.


The rainy weather didn’t stop us from enjoying ourselves and although we didn’t get very much walking done we did manage to visit Oban and Fort William and have a lovely lunch and stop a few times for tea and cake!


And I did find the time to crochet some greeny grassy borders around my flowery circles too!

12 comments:

Kate said...

Your photos are so beautiful and it sounds lovely except for the non waterproof wet part. I am loving your crochet squares.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

A very enjoyable post indeed! I spent many childhood holidays in Scotland. It is a truly beautiful country. Your photos took me back to some of my holidays there. I would very much like to go back. It obviously inspired you, the crcohet looks fantastic!
Take care
Isabelle x

lisa ridgeon said...

Looks stunning, despite the weather. I've been wtaching re-runs of Heartbeat and your photos made me think of that....even though it wasn't filmed in Scotland! I'm rambling aren't i !?!
X X

Lyn said...

Lovely pics and the crochet is coming along-quicker than mine anyway!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Anonymous said...

your squares are adorable, cannot wait to see it all finished x j

kelly said...

your crochet is coming along very nicely - those colours look great x

Kimbles said...

Lovely photos despite the weather! I can almost smell the heather!

AC said...

stunning pictures of Scotland and gorgeous crochet...the perfect post:-)
Alison

Timi said...

I like your photos, they are beautiful! And the flowery circles are very lovely!

Floss said...

It looks great, if wet. I'm glad you had such a good time.

periwinkle said...

scotland has just some of the best scenery doesn;t it, glad you had a lovely time

valerie said...

love the collage your crochet looks so cool glad the pressie got to you ok:)