Tuesday 12 January 2010

Back to normal


I don't know about the rest of you but I am finding it incredibly difficult getting myself and the children back into some kind of routine now that the schools have finally gone back.

I was really enjoying the extended break from school that all the lovely snow had given us. I was enjoying lying in bed all snuggled up cozily with the children and not having to get up and get ready for school, enjoying the lazy days watching children's films and all the fun playing out in the snow. Not to mention the endless cups of tea which just had to be accompanied by some kind of yummy calorie laden snack ~ chocolate or biscuits or cake or a mixture of the aforementioned yumminess!

All that has now been replaced with trying to get small people into bed at a reasonable time ~ even though they claim that they can't possibly go to sleep because they are very definitely not tired. It is a completely different kettle of fish when you are trying to coax them out of their cozy warm bed in the morning and trying desperately to get them to eat breakfast before going to school!

I am also finding it really difficult to get myself back into any sort of crafting routine too. I have a couple of projects that I have been working on but find I am struggling to find the motivation to actually complete them ~ I think I may have a touch of the January Crafting Blues! There are also lots of crafty ideas swimming about in my head but at the moment they are all whirling about and making me feel rather overwhelmed indeed!


Did you see the little woolly bunny peeking out at you from the crocheted jam jar? She is one of the things that I have been working on for ages ~ one of the things that has been NEARLY finished for a good few months and just needs a few finishing touches. I decided this morning that enough was enough and set about crocheting two little woolly bunny feet, a pretty little lilac flower and I also made the teeniest little fluffy pom pom for her little bunny tail. I've still got to attach them to her little bunny body and will let you see the finished result sometime very soon.

Enjoy your afternoon ~ whatever you may be doing............:O)x

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes we have the 'I'm not tired' before bed from both B and M, and then the constant 'it's time to get up!' from me in the morning, especially for M who loves a lay in O(must take after Mammy).

Although for some reason B seems to be able to always be the last to get to sleep and is STILL up, watching DVD's first thing in the morning....does he EVER sleep?!


For us, I don't think there is such a thing as 'normal' haha.

Hope all is well with you. x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I know what you mean about getting into a routine... Danny doesn't start school till september and I am so tempted to keep him home from pre-school till then... but Mr P says he needs to mix with other children which is true but I will be in the land of enforced school attendance and all my own choices for the day will be over ruled by school drop off and collection... I like having a relaxed day... plus Danny is still fighting the toilet training and pre-school want it sorted now! so that he can attend junior school for a session every wednesday morning... he'll be 4 at the end of Jan and he's got an excuse for everything... and to be honest some of his reasons have merit! lol

Jamie's nearly 12 so she has begrudingly returned to school... but I still rouse her in the morning and she takes so long to dress she never gets down in time for breakfast... maybe I will wake her an hour earlier tomorrow... perhaps I could change her alarm clock! lol

I can understand why you miss your snuggly days they sound fantastic... they far outway the back to school routine..

Chin up my dear and you must finish that little bunny he is soooooo cute!

x Alex

Hey ho... I craft and create to dilute the stresses of life so craft away I shall...

JuanitaTortilla said...

Yay, it's a good thing to get that craft momentum going. We all face tha "craft inertia", at least, I do. Plenty of times!

When is this snow ever going to stop?

kelly said...

that bunny is going to be so cute, i love bunnies, our village school is closed again today after last nights snow!

Floss said...

It's a bit like that chez nous too, although we have the added complication that Son 1 broke his ankle in the snow, and doesn't go back to school until tomorrow. I don't think that will be very easy...

Love that bunny!

Sarah said...

What a sweet bunny! Routine is a funny thing - our schools' were shut 2 days last week which was great in some ways but not in others! Due to the snow lastnight they are now shut again - it' all very topsy turvey!

MelMel said...

Hello!
I'm really struggling, I just want to be all cosy at home!
I love the bunny...not to mention that FAB CK bag....lovely!xxxx

andamento said...

Love the first photo, the bunny popping out of jar with the gorgeous crocheted cover is lovely!

Kate said...

I love that first photo too. gorgeous! I have just started a bunny too but here in Australia it is HOT and the kids have two and a half more weeks of holidays.

Kimbles said...

Hi Jackie,I know what you mean, we have all felt very odd,lazy and constantly hungry in this house! i don't have the school problem anymore as mine are all older now,but our routine is definately up the creek!!! I love the bunny,is it your pattern or do you have a book about amigurumi? (can't say it let alone spell it!)

Take care Kim x

periwinkle said...

i couldn't have phrased it better - January crafting blues= I'm with you sister

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I know what you mean especially about routine.

Love the bunny.

Craft Matters said...

That bunny is very cute. Totally agree about getting back into things after Xmas... hard work!

Mrs Twins said...

Hello Jackie,
Your bunny is really cute! I'm sure with all these great comments you will soon be back in full swing with your crafting. It's the lovely comments off many that spur you on I find.
My twin daughters are 23, I miss those days so much. Watching the kids programmes, snuggling up with them. Enjoy every minute before you know it they will be as old as mine. So different when they are this age!
Hugs and Love, Sue
Happy Crafting. We all hope to see some of your projects!

Anonymous said...

she is so cute well done on getting her sorted

French Knots said...

What a cute bunny! When I get a minute I want to learn to crochet, it's on my to do list for this year!

Ghost said...

Oh my if you are finding it difficult as an adult think of how the kiddies must feel. It sounds like you all had such a wonderful vacation together. they must hate the thought of it all ending. a nice cup of tea and some splendid desert when they arrive home would be a wonderful surprise. I love the bunny!

Julia said...

hello!

Ive just found your blog today after a bit of random blog wandering, and Ive really enjoyed reading it. I had to giggle when I read about your unfinished rabbit, as I have a rabbits head (a crocheted one, not a real one you understand) in a paper bag which is still awaiting body and legs and has been doing since October!!

You've inspired me to finish it, and Im going to add you to my 'follow'list so I can visit you again!

Much love
Julia x x x

Maureen said...

In your last picture there is a little zipper pouch with dogs on it. A dear friend gave me a bag of this design for my 60th birthday! So lovely.

Interesting what you say about the difficulty of getting into a routine - I know just what you mean. I planned for the winter to be a big craft fest, sorting out my new craft room and making a quilt and goodness knows what. I have a new scanner and I intended to deal with my photo mountain, what have I done?

NOTHING!