Wednesday 3 December 2014

Random Things


This week I have been enjoying a nice cup of tea and a very sticky slice of syrupy flapjack bought especially for me by my boy. It was absolutely delicious despite the fact in had been wrapped up in a napkin and carted around inside his school bag for a whole afternoon.


I treated myself to a really cheap pot of hyacinths from the local supermarket for just a few pounds, They came inside a rather dull and dreary brown plastic pot so I decided to re-pot them into my favourite seasidey mugs. I'm really looking forward to seeing them bloom on my kitchen window sill and can't wait for them to begin to flower ~ I decided to go for the blue flowers as I love them the best. They have already grown quite a little bit in height since I brought them home.


I decided that the afore mentioned re-potted hyacinths were just crying out for couple of crocheted coasters to make their life on the window sill a bit more comfortable. I had a bit of a rake through my stash of Stylecraft and found some suitable hyacinthy colours and managed to whip up some pretty little Flowery coasters for them to sit on.


I also enjoyed a nice chilled glass of white wine on Sunday evening whilst adding the last few stripes to my Little Boy Blue Granny Stripe blanket. I am happy to report that I am now on the final push with this blanket (it's only taken me nearly three years!) and I am just about teetering on the edge!


Just recently the skies around my little part of the world have been pretty spectacular ~ this was the sunrise a couple of mornings ago. The colours have been particularly beautiful this month and I do love to see the dark silhouette of the Law against the sky.

Hoping your week has been full of lovely random things too :O)xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a blue hyacinth too - like you, it's my favourite colour. The mugs are gorgeous, as is the seaside blanket and coasters. I hope the flapjack was tasty :-) xx

Hazel said...

Lovely pics. It is hard not to envy that view. Simply delish. Your blanket is coming on a treat! x

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, what a brilliant idea to use a mug to plant the bulbs-one I will store for future use.
Glad your son brought home a taste of his makes and not eaten them all on the way.
Good luck with your finishing rows to your blanket.
Helen

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

I bet that was the best piece of flapjack you have ever tasted. I'm sat here admiring your lovely coasters!
Caz xx

Alison said...

What lovely random things. The hyacinths look great in those mugs too xx

Jane said...

Hi Jackie, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog, I'm glad you found me because now I've found you! Your Little Boy Blue blanket is lovely, looking forward to seeing it finished. Enjoy what's left of the week.
Jane x

Clare said...

The hyacinth coasters are sooo pretty, loving the seaside mugs too thanks for stopping by my blog
Clare x

Jacquie said...

Hi Jackie,
I really enjoyed this post. I love your mug plants and the coasters you made. That sky is gorgeous....and I'd love to have a hill to look at out of my window.
Jacquie x

eclectichomelife said...

Love your hyacinth in the mugs, great mugs btw. Also the coasters they sit on just finish it off a treat. Lovely combo.

Ladybird Diaries said...

I love hyacinths too and yours look pretty in the mugs. Gorgeous crochet coasters too. Have a great week.
Marianne x